• Shut off water supply valve to the sprinkler system. This is the handle on the copper pipe that goes outside to the back flow preventer. Alternately the drain may be on the outside of the house under the back flow preventer Open the drain next to the preventer (you may want to hang a bucket under it).
• Go to the back flow preventer This is the device located just outside the house on the copper pipe for the sprinklers. Open the the test cocks. PVB Valves have two test cocks. RPZ's have four.
• With a screwdriver, turn the test cock one quarter turn. The slot should be parallel with the test cock. There are two shutoff handles on the PVB & RPZ. Open and close each one 3 times, leaving them one half open when done. Shutoff handles only turn ninety degrees from full open to full close. Lightly tap on the back flow preventer four to six times to shake out any remaining water.
At Accurate Lawn & Irrigation we offer a 5 year standard warranty on all parts and labor. Well above the industry standard.
We offer a variety of residential & commercial services, including: irrigation installation & maintenance, spring startups, fall winterizations, mowing, and snow removal. If you are in need of our services, please contact us to schedule a free estimate.
We are proud to be one of Southwest Iowa's premier Lawn & Irrigation companies.
Accurate Lawn & Irrigation, based out of Council Bluffs, IA, was founded in 2000 by Jason Downing. Jason has over 20 years of experience with lawn and irrigation work, and a great team to back him up. Additionally, Accurate Lawn & Irrigation is a Rain Bird Select Contractor, a Water Sense Partner, a Certified Irrigation Contractor and Select Certified by the Irrigation Association, so you can be sure you'll get the finest work, the first time, every time.
Lawns are beautiful, but lawn care can be complicated. Our knowledgeable staff will care for your lawn using tested, proven, and ecologically gentle techniques.
A Select Contractor Has Met Many, Stringent Criteria...
Rain Bird, has been the world's leading manufacturer of professional grade irrigation & sprinkler systems for over 60 years, and is pleased to recognize Accurate Lawn & Irrigation as a Rain Bird Select Contractor.
By choosing a Rain Bird Select Contractor, you can count on receiving the highest level of care and attention to your specific irrigation & sprinkler system needs, a water-efficient design, and where applicable, a high quality installation of Rain Bird Series products. Together, these will make the difference between a reliable sprinkler system that will keep your grass green in the heat of the summer... and one that won't.
Each Rain Bird Select Sprinkler Contractor has been in business at least three (3) years... and specializes in the installation and maintenance of quality residential and commercial irrigation/sprinkler systems and is committed to providing you with the best value in sprinkler systems available anwywhere today.
A Rain Bird Select Sprinkler Contractor...
• Chooses the right Rain Bird sprinkler and irrigation system products for the unique needs
of your landscape
• Is a trained and experienced professional irrigation contractor with a history of customer
• Is an Irrigation Association Certified Irrigation Contractor
• Is a member of one or more professional irrigation organizations
• Permits Rain Bird personnel to visit sprinkler system sites where work is in progress or has
been recently completed
• Attends a Rain Bird Select Sprinkler Contractor Business Conference or a Rain Bird
Select Sprinkler Contractor regional meeting at least once every three years
• Ensures crew members and company vehicles present a consistent, professional image
• Exceeds customer expectations by leaving each job site in the best condition possible
• Responds to service calls promptly
• Takes advantage of opportunities for professional and educational development
• Conducts all business dealings in a legal and ethical manner
• Listens to your needs, answers your lawn and garden questions, and provides you with
complete job estimates
• Programs your sprinkler system controller to operate at maximum efficiency
• Instructs you on how to adjust your sprinkler system watering schedule to meet seasonal
• Protects your drinking water supply by installing/servicing the appropriate backflow
preventer on your sprinkler system, in accordance with local codes.
• Abides by the Rain Bird Select Sprinkler Contractor Code of Professional Responsibility,
In order to achieve and safeguard the highest standards of professionalism, every Rain Bird
Select Sprinkler Contractor agrees to…
Treat each customer with respect
Conduct all business dealings in an ethical and legal manner Meet state and local licensing and insurance requirements
Maintain current accounts with authorized Rain Bird distributors
Respond to job leads and service calls within 24 - 48 hours
Be on time for inquiry calls and site inspections
Provide each customer with a comprehensive proposal that includes the work to be done and the time required to complete the sprinkler installation, service, maintenance and/or repair project Design premium quality sprinkler systems and install professional grade products in accordance with industry standards and applicable codes
Explain completed work to the customer
Leave every job sites in the best condition possible
Ensure crew members and company vehicles present a consistent and professional image
Take advantage of opportunities for professional and educational development.